Live Homework Help is now The Tutor.com Student Center with resources for all ages, elementary students through adults. Roselle Public Library cardholders can access this expanded online service anytime, 24/7.
One-on-one help from live tutors is available 4 pm-10 pm, daily. Student and tutor use chat, interactive whiteboards and file-sharing in a secure online classroom to work on math, science, social studies, English, writing, standardized test prep and more. After each session, students can replay and email the session, or print the transcript and whiteboards.
In addition to live help, the new Skills Center Resource Library provides 24/7 access to thousands of worksheets, tutorials, study guides and more.Click here to visit Tutor.com
"My tutor was one of the best. She stayed with me until I understood the assignment thoroughly..."
-- Roselle 11th grader (4/14)
"The tutors are awesome. They are efficient and really nice. I'm really glad for this service. Thank you! :)"
- Roselle 9th grader (5/14)
"Paul was the bomb!!!"
-- Roselle 11th grader (4/14)
Atlases and Maps
- Altapedia Online - Contains full color physical and political maps as well as key facts and statistics on countries of the world.
- CIA World Factbook - Maps for every country of the world, and huge downloadable maps of the world to print out.
- Map Machine - Find nearly any place on Earth, and view it by population, climate, and much more.
- Biographical Dictionary - This dictionary covers more than 28,000 notable men and women who have shaped our world from ancient times to the present day. Search by birth years, death years, positions held, professions, literary and artistic works, achievements, and other keywords.
- Biography.com - The online partner to the Arts and Entertainment cable television network, this website features a database of more than 25,000 biographies of notable personalities.
- President's Hall - Courtesy of the White House, this website provides biographical information on the presidents and first ladies of the United States.
- dictionary.com - Free online dictionary from the publishers of Roget's Thesaurus of English words and phrases.
- Etymology Dictionary- This is a map of the wheel-ruts of modern English. Etymologies are not definitions; they're explanations of what our words meant and how they sounded 600 or 2,000 years ago.
- HandSpeak - A practical sign language online dictionary. Learn to sign the alphabet, numbers and words in American Sign Language. This site also gives information on deaf culture and languages, and it offers some stories in sign language.
- The Internet Picture Dictionary - Completely free, online multilingual picture dictionary designed especially for ESL students and beginning English, French, German, Spanish and Italian language learners of all ages.
- Language Translator
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary
- NetLingo The Internet Dictionary - An 0nline Internet language dictionary that contains hundreds of words and definitions that describe the technology and community world of the Web. Also includes a pocket dictionary and "smileys" page.
- The Online Slang Dictionary - Alphabetical list of English slang. Look up a word or add your own.
- RhymeZone - Rhyming dictionary and thesaurus.
- Vocabulary.com - Look up vocabulary words. Improve your vocabulary with their many word games and puzzles.
- Webopedia - Online dictionary for computer and Internet technology definitions.
- YourDictionary.com - The largest web of online dictionaries. Includes vocabulary aides (such as acronym, homophone and rhyming dictionaries); multilingual dictionaries for over 190 languages; and specialty dictionaries by subject (such as art, literature and sports).